Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Secret War, part 1

Lao (Laos) is one of the few countries I know a lot about. In fact, I have read and studied more about Lao than I have Thailand, where I currently reside. Travelling in this communist country, I am often reminded of the history of the country during my lifetime, especially the war...

The Laotian Civil War (1953-75) was a fight between the Communist Pathet Lao, often North Vietnamese of Lao ancestry, and the Royal Lao Government in which both the political rightists and leftists received heavy external support for a proxy war from the global Cold War superpowers. Among United States Central Intelligence Agency Special Activities Division US and Hmong veterans of the conflict, it is known as "The Secret War."

Here's part 1 of 3 videos detailing the Laotian Civil War, heavily pro-American. Abrupt end continues in part 2:




No comments: