Friday, July 26, 2013

Lao Trip 4.2a - Chiang Rai to Chiang Kong

I no longer travel with gold or anything that might indicate I am “rich” (hah!). That includes watches, so generally, I can only figure out the approximate time by the position of the sun. On overcast days, it is a challenge.

When the bus arrived in Chiang Rai, north western Thailand, I knew I was in a little trouble. We should have been arriving in low beginning-morning light. Instead, it was fully light outside and the sun was visible.




As soon as I could, I took the bus to Chiang Kong to get to the Thai-Lao border in the hopes to catch that day’s slowboat that would take two days to travel down The Khong to Luang Prabang. The bus itself was probably the most rundown bus I’ve ever ridden, but it did the job and the company was good. One guy around my age even made sure I made my connections correctly. I love guys like that!

No comments: