Monday, May 19, 2014

2014 Beginnings

Back in the late 1960s, in the USA, we called events or occurrences that were above the norm (in a positive way) HAPPENINGS. Well, January 2014 was notable for two Happenings that, once I get the courage to write about them, I will. One was the family New Year’s Eve Party out at Thip’s and my 8.5 rai (our second biggest rice farm and also currently being occupied by one of Thip’s brothers and his wife). The other Happening, towards the end of the month, I will simply entitle “Rescue Party.” Stay tuned.

In February, as the temperature heated up rapidly, the big thing was Thip being tasked to be the trip organizer and tour guide to Mynmar (Burma, or as the Thai’s call it: Pomah) for a group of monks, her father and two other lay persons. I was invited, but graciously declined. Most all temple-sponsored trips are way too busy and rushed for my taste. When I travel, I like to keep the pace slow and open to change.



Much to my surprise and delight, Thip did her research (thanks to her Nexus 5 “smart phone” and our home LAN) and even though she had never been to Pomah before, earned praises for how the 4-day trip went; visiting pagodas and other Buddhist sites.




No comments: