Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Winter's End

After our second trip into Thung Yai, Thip and I returned to the village and settled back into our home routine.

It was still unseasonably cold at the end of 2013, but that didn’t last much past January 2014. As the winter wound down, we had Pong do a patio extension and bought some solid wood furniture to create a more welcoming front hangout spot.

Pattio extension with new furniture.
Note double front doors on right; one open, one closed.

Another shot taken from the same spot, looking out toward the road, 
our bamboo gate and farmlands beyond.

Over winter, I’d received a couple of promotions in my gaming clan, Tactical Gaming, requiring me to spend more time multi-player gaming, managing and administering during my mornings. While most expats rely on occasional expatriate meet-ups to keep them going, I’m fortunate to be able to link-up, in real time, daily, with gamer friends from around the world, thanks to the power of the computer and the internet.


... and a favorite song, when I think of "winter time" is Steve Miller's "Wintertime" ...


No comments: