Sunday, September 28, 2014

Lao Trip 7.3 - Nuey

My third and last day in PL2 was great. It had all the right elements: swimming in the Khong, hanging out at Khoun Ten, and meeting a beautiful Lao girl.


I was also called upon to do karaoke. There is one Sek Loso song I can sing to (Som Sarn), if I have the transliteration, but everyone expected me to do an English language song, so I sang the most popular English language song playing on the Khoun Ten karaoke rotation:


http://youtu.be/GKn3GGCbh_0

Now, whenever I hear this song, I think back on that day when I met Nuey...


"Take Me To Your Heart"
sung by Michael Learns to Rock


Hiding from the rain and snow
Trying to forget but I won't let go
Looking at a crowded street
Listening to my own heart beat.

So many people all around the world
Tell me where do I find someone like you girl

Take me to your heart, take me to your soul
Give me your hand before I'm old
Show me what love is - haven't got a clue
Show me that wonders can be true.

They say nothing lasts forever
We're only here today
Love is now or never
Bring me far away.

Take me to your heart, take me to your soul
Give me your hand and hold me
Show me what love is - be my guiding star.
It's easy. Take me to your heart.

Standing on a mountain high
Looking at the moon through a clear blue sky
I should go and see some friends
But they don't really comprehend.

Don't need too much talking without saying anything
All I need is someone who makes me wanna sing.

Take me to your heart, take me to your soul
Give me your hand before I'm old
Show me what love is - haven't got a clue
Show me that wonders can be true.

They say nothing lasts forever
We're only here today
Love is now or never
Bring me far away.

Take me to your heart, take me to your soul
Give me your hand and hold me
Show me what love is - be my guiding star.
It's easy. Take me to your heart.

Take me to your heart, take me to your soul
Give me your hand and hold me
Show me what love is - be my guiding star.
It's easy. Take me to your heart.


This story continues, somewhat, six months later, beginning with my post "Lao Trip 9.1a - to PL2."



3 comments:

Lee Baby said...

Who, pray tell is this Nuey person and whats up with meeting strange beatiful Lao girls when you`re far from home ? Explain yourself !!

Malcolm Gault-Williams said...

I met Nuey and her friends on my trip to Lao in September. All of 17, she has the most beautiful legs I've ever seen. Too bad I didn't get a picture of those!

Anonymous said...

Do you have nuey's contact or facebook? I would love to talk to her