Saturday, July 4, 2015

Lao Trip 11.0 - Trip Preparations

Like it used to be when I hiked and camped in the Los Padres National Forest, in the Ojai and Santa Barbara areas in the United States, I find myself preparing for my trips to Lao in similar ways.



For instance, I clip my nails on my feet and hands. The clipping on the hands is pretty much pro forma, with the objective being more cosmetic than anything else – gotta look my best! The feet nails are absolutely necessary to trim. The last thing you want to happen on a hike or a trip to a foreign country is for your feet to be in discomfort and not having the tools (i.e. clippers) along to deal with it. Of course, you could always bring these along, but at my age, my nail clipping tools have grown in number, sizes and weight and, well, I try to keep the weight down; everything adds up.


Other similarities include clearing queues and checking-off checklists. Newly added to these are making sure my cellphone minutes are topped off, I have my Lao simcard, and have left enough household money behind so my wife doesn’t come up short while I’m gone.

No comments: