Sunday, March 19, 2017

Cambodia Trip 2.7 - Das Flies Off

On the day Das was to fly out, we spent a leisurely morning tasting coffees near Ivy Guesthouse. One coffee shop was operated by the group Das is affiliated with, who work to stop human trafficking.

Early in the afternoon Bunleng drove us out to the Siem Reap Airport where my son and I bid farewell. It was not too emotional, as we had had the longest quality time together in at least a decade. Also, I would be seeing him again in a half year when I travel back to the USA to visit all members of our immediate families.

On the way back to Siem Reap, Bunleng and I stopped at a quick-stop market and had some beer together outside. I let him know how much I appreciated his help to us, this trip, and kicked around some ideas for next.

Wanting to visit the Falang bar “Wear the Fox Hat,” I had Bunleng take me into the Night Market area, near where it is located. But, he didn’t know it and my directions were fuzzy. So, I ended-up having him drop me off. Then, I just stumbled around until I found it -- with the help, two different times, of guys who spoke a little English.

All Falang bars are night bars, so I wasn’t expecting much in late afternoon. When I arrived, the girls were just opening up and I got to see Darron’s wife again. I had a beer and peanuts and then left.

On the way back to Ivy, I did some clothes shopping at the Night Market and then stopped at the 50-cent beer place where I had met Darron and Paolo days before. It was now night time, so I got to see a little bit of the action on Pub Street in its prime time. Fun for many, but not my thing.

Even so, this was my last night in Cambodia and I didn’t want it to end.


Sophea Vann and Sreyoun, two of the Ivy Guesthouse staff

No comments: